Sunday, November 18, 2012

Secrets of the Red Box/Vickie Hall

Synopsis:

    "Bonnie has secrets to keep - secrets with the potential to destroy lives, including her own. Running from her destructive and pain filled past, she recreates herself, believing she has escaped the damning evidence hidden in the red box. When her former life is revealed by a cruel twist of fate, Bonnie faces losing everything, including Glen, the only man she’s ever loved. But is Bonnie the woman he thinks she is?"

Review:

    All the way through this book you try and imagine, what in the world is Bonnie hiding in that red box of hers? Seriously it cant be that bad, can it? It took me by total surprise. I was thinking, ok she killed someone or something along those lines, boy was I wrong. This book is based in the 1940's and close to the end of WWII. Glen is off fighting the war, while Bonnie is fighting a war of her own back in the States.
    I did find it a little hard to like Bonnie's character, and maybe it was done on purpose that way, but I feel the story didn't really start until her and Glen finally met. Overall I did like the book, but it did take me longer to get through it then most. I think the end was the perfect outcome and made me even look at Bonnie in a better light. I loved how Glen changed her, even if he has to lose her in the process. You will just have to read the book to know what I am talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment