Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Marian's Christmas Wish/carla Kelly

Synopsis:

  "Miss Marian Wynswich is a rather unconventional young lady. She plays chess, reads Greek, and is as educated as any young man. And she's certain falling in love is a ridiculous endeavor and vows never to do such a thing. But everything changes when she receives a Christmas visit from someone unexpected--- a young and handsome English lord."

 Review:

    Marian, not yet 17 has vowed never to fall in love or get married. Even when Lord Ingraham (Gil) shows up with her older brother Percy right before Christmas. As time goes by Gil and Marian become close. Many obstacles are put in their way, which makes them depend on each other even more. But a surprise, that I wasn't even expecting takes place, and trust is lost.
   Carla Kelly always does a beautiful job at writing her novels. Every book is different but always gets me involved and brings me into these different scenarios. I enjoy being transported back in time to a place where it is a different world, but human emotions are still the same and I can put myself in that place and that situation and be able to still come out on top.
   I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment